Case Manager-VA Grant & Per Diem Program
POSITION TITLE: Case Manager
CLASSIFICATION: Full Time; Regular; Non-exempt
SUPERVISOR: Program Manager
The Case Manager provides intensive case management services to veteran residents who reside on-site in the transitional living facility. In addition, must demonstrates the ability to obtain and interpret information in terms of the resident’s needs, document knowledge of resident’s progress, and demonstrate an understanding of the range of services needed by the resident. Case Managers must enjoy working as a member of a team in a cooperative effort and be able to exercise creative and independent judgment to solve problems. Case Managers are expected to perform their duties in alignment with the vision and values of LightHouse Social Service Centers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Conducts initial assessment and evaluation for the formulation of an Individual Services Plan (ISP).
2. Provides comprehensive case management services as well as crisis intervention when needed.
3. Ensures both internal and collateral services are coordinated.
4. Assists residents in developing appropriate long and short term goals and makes revisions when necessary.
5. Facilitates on-site groups.
6. Maintains resident’s program records in a timely and appropriate manner.
7. Documents resident’s progress and reviews ISP routinely.
8. Transports residents when necessary.
9. Conducts room visits
10. Complies with all policies and procedures.
11. Performs other related duties as assigned.
a. (2) Years’ experience working in the field of homeless and/or veteran services or related human services experience.
b. Knowledge and experience with homeless and veteran communities.
c. Knowledge and experience working with persons living with mental health and physical health issues.
d. Knowledge of community resources and services.
e. Strong computer and organizational skills.
f. Strong telephone skills.
g. Experience with culturally diverse populations.
h. Performs a flexible schedule that may include evenings.
i. Well-developed time management and conflict resolution skills.
j. Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work effectively with people in a constructive manner within a team setting.
k. Able to communicate verbally and writing is clear, precise and professional.
l. Valid driver’s license and insurable.